Mental Health Education & Public Speaking
I’m available for education within the community on various mental health topics such as:
- Understanding the Teenage Brain and Parenting Someone That Has One
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Self Care
- Relationship Building
- Social-Emotional Needs of Gifted Individuals
- Navigating the Middle/High Scene and Other Transitions Into Young Adulthood.
- I am certified to provide 2-day PREPaRE workshops to organizations seeking in-depth training in crisis intervention and recovery. This training provides a specific examination of the school-based mental health professionals’ roles and responsibilities, with a special emphasis on crisis intervention and recovery. *more details below
I’d be happy to speak with you about any speaking/training needs you or your organization might have. Please feel free to send me a message! I look forward to hearing from you!
* PREPaRE Workshop 2, Third Edition, Mental Health Crisis Interventions: Responding to an Acute Traumatic Stressor in Schools
This 2-day workshop develops the knowledge and skill required to provide immediate mental health crisis interventions to the students, staff, and school community members who have been simultaneously exposed to an acute traumatic stressor.
Who Should Receive Workshop 2 Training?
This workshop is an excellent course for all mental health professionals in your district who provide mental health crisis intervention services and appropriate for any individual filling the role of a crisis intervention specialist. This includes school mental health staff (school psychologists, social workers, counselors and nurses), administrators, and other individuals whom the team has identified as appropriate providers of psychological first aid. This workshop can also be very helpful for community-based mental health practitioners who may work with the school crisis team and/or may be brought in to the school assist in response to a crisis.