As a therapist, teacher, school counselor and parent, I have taught and counseled hundreds of adolescents, and have walked alongside countless journeys toward adulthood, both smooth and rocky. With over 30 years of personal and professional experience, I continue to focus on the social emotional needs of both teens and young adults.
When deciding on a therapist, it is especially important to feel a connection with the one you choose. My style is straightforward and energetic, kind and supportive, and intentionally focused on developing a warm and respectful working relationship with my clients. You’ll find me to be interactive and engaged. I view therapy as a joint process between two people. In our work together, you will not be alone.
The teenagers and young adults that I work with are in a place where they’re not happy with how things are. Many have been “hijacked” by anxiety, relationship troubles, tough feelings and limiting beliefs. They are ready for something different. New ways to solve problems can be found in techniques such as positive psychology, mindfulness based interventions, and solution focused therapy. Our time together will be about identifying the cause of your struggles, sorting out the challenges in your life and getting in touch with your own potential.
With compassion and understanding, I will partner with you to help you celebrate and build upon your strengths; nurture the relationship you have with yourself and others; and support you in achieving your goal of growing into a more peaceful life, one in which you feel steady, connected, and more than good enough.
I firmly believe in empowering individuals to discover and forge a new understanding of their emotional selves and to strengthen their connection to the voice inside them. What you focus on is what becomes powerful! It’s time to shine.
- University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts, Elementary and Special Education
- University of Northern Colorado
- Master of Arts Special Education
- University of Colorado
- Master of Arts, Counseling and Psychology
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Registered Psychotherapist: 0011798 Colorado
- National Board Certified Counselor
- Colorado Multi-Level School Counselor of the Year
- Sexual and Family Diversity Pathway Institute – A Queer Endeavor
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- PREPaRE Trainer – Mental Health Crisis Interventions:
Responding to an Acute Traumatic Stressor in Schools
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling (ACAC)
- Colorado School Counseling Association (CSCA)
- Anti-Defamantion League (ADL), Mountain States Region Volunteer